Portland Street is situated in the heart of Lancaster city centre and has become a much desired location for property owners. Residents of Portland Street enjoy all the great amenities that the location offers, including independent shops, theatres, restaurants and bars and the hospital - everything you could need is right at your doorstep! Local workers also benefit from the streets fantastic location, which is a short walk or commute to both of Lancaster's universities, a stroll away from the train station and a few minutes drive to the M6. Dallas Road Primary School and both the Boys and Girls Grammar School are all within the catchment area, making properties on this address perfect for families!
Enter the home via the vestibule and immediately notice the glass pane wall, giving a glimpse into the stylish and spacious living area. The focal point to the room has to be the bay window with seating and shutters....simply stunning! Open to the contemporary and sleek kitchen, this area of the home is perfect for entertaining within. Gather around the central island over drinks and good conversation. A little further to the rear is a fantastic study/office area, also giving access to the yard space via French doors and also the basement room/4th bedroom. Make your way up the stairs to the first floor, taking in the bold and beautiful décor. Two fabulous double bedrooms await. One to rear and one to the front elevation. The cleverly designed 4 piece bathroom is separated into: shower, bath and wash basin with the W.C next door. The top floor of this special home is a spacious double bedroom in the eaves with a handy shower and wash basin en-suite and extra space given by the dormer extension. The covered rear yard is a private haven, complete with fixed seating and relaxing water feature. You'll be spending so much time out here!
- Beautifully designed, decorated and presented home
- A superb mix of period features and contemporary additions.
- Kitchen integrated appliances include: Induction hob, electric oven, fridge/freezer.
- Fitted wardrobes in main bedroom with operational window shutters
- Covered yard with seating and water feature located out to the rear off the study area
- Mixture of uPVC and original window frames, gas central heating, (the boiler is located in the bathroom)
- Lots of original storage cupboards and eye catching features around the property
- Solid wood flooring on the ground level and period window seats to the front reception
- Fully converted cellar room that is currently used as a gym and study/work area + potential 4th bedroom
- Located in a 'Very Low Risk' flood area for rivers and the sea and 'Very Low Risk' area for surface water
The Best Estate Agent Guide
When you choose to work with us, you are officially working with the UK's Best Estate Agent. We first won this award in 2022 and we won it again in 2023! Every year, a rigorous assessment is carried out of every estate and letting agent in the country. There are 15,000 estate agencies and each one is assessed for property marketing, customer service and results, including how quickly they sell or let and the percentage of the price achieved compared with other agents in the same location. No agent pays to enter. The very best agents are listed in The Best Estate Agent Guide – a website for landlords and sellers to help them choose whom to sell or let their property. JDG Estate Agents didn't just win the best in Lancaster and Morecambe, nor the Northwest. We won the very best estate agent in the UK for both sales and lettings. If you want to achieve the best results for your property sale, combined with receiving the best customer service, we would love to help.
Click the link below for more details
If you would like more details on this property, please click the brochure link below. You can see the title deed, plot size, square footage, aerial view, broadband speeds, and lots of other information relating to this property including school information and transport links. At JDG we like to make sure our clients are always better informed!