Welcome to Standen Park House
Set in a prestigious, peaceful and private setting, No 18 Standen Park House is a beautiful, character filled and spacious family home. The style of homes are very similar to the Georgian properties that grace the more exclusive parts of central London. You'll find a welcoming and caring feeling on the estate, offering a real sense of community.
Standen Park House was originally built by the architect Thomas Standen in 1816. It has had an interesting past as a former hospital. In 1999 it was converted to create a number of exclusive homes. This particular home benefits from a walled garden to the rear and a privileged position looking out over the gravelled driveway and stunning mature grounds of the estate.
Lancaster City Centre is just a 5-minute drive. Both Lancaster University and the University of Cumbria can be reached in under 10 minutes. Education in the area is highly regarded with both Lancaster Boys and Girls Grammar Schools close by. The wonderful Williamsons Park is on your doorstep, perfect for walks with the dog and enjoying family picnics.
Stepping inside this beautifully presented home, you will immediately be amazed by the tall ceilings, period features and grandeur that welcomes you. Stepping down the hallway, take a right into the fabulous kitchen/diner. A modern haven for the family to enjoy, mingle with friends and entertain in style - It really feels like the hub of the home in here. Plenty of storage is provided in the sleek and contemporary kitchen, along with a selection of appliances, both freestanding and fitted - most notable, the Range cooker. For convenience, there is a separate utility room to the rear, complete with Belfast sink.
The living room overlooking the rear garden is huge! It is perfect for lots of comfy furniture, a space to both relax during the evening and enjoy during the day with the rear door wide open to the communal garden space, allowing the outside in. Located just off the main hallway are stairs leading down to the converted cellar. It is down here you can follow the LED 'runway' lights to your cinema room, passing a handy office/study area. Imagine movie nights with family and friends, get the popcorn ready and turn the lights down low...just like the real thing!
The 1st floor of this spectacular property continues to impress, with four well proportioned bedrooms to take advantage of. The main bedroom overlooking the rear elevation is simply stunning, tall ceilings, sash windows with complementary window shutters, a wonderful walk in wardrobe plus sleek, contemporary en-suite shower room with underfloor heating! Two further double bedrooms await, both with original, integrated storage. One to the rear and a bright and airy bedroom to the front elevation. A final bedroom also sits to the front overlooking the beautiful grounds, and is perfect for a child or maybe as a guest room or office/study. Servicing the bedrooms is a four piece family bathroom, complete with bath with shower over, wash basin, toilet and bidet, plus storage and vanity units.
The beautiful and lush communal rear garden is the perfect spot to sit and relax in, during the warmer months of the year. You will also be pleased to know that there is secure parking off road under a handy car port to the far end of the estate. Plenty of off road parking is available in the central areas of the estate, meaning lots of parking for property owners and visitors too!
- This home has been painted and re-carpeted throughout
- Beautiful window shutters installed on all windows except rear living room
- Kitchen appliance included in sale: Integrated dishwasher. The following items maybe included: Range cooker, wine fridge, American style Fridge/freezer and a washing machine (located in utility room off dining area)
- Fully converted cellar - home cinema room and office space benefitting from under floor heating
- Double glazed sash windows and gas central heated throughout - Combination boiler installed 3 years ago (located in the kitchen)
- Ground floor W.C, shoe cupboard and separate utility room compete with storage and Belfast sink
- The home comes with a separate and secure car port to the far end of the Estate and there is ample parking for visitors and additional cars directly outside the home .
- There is an Estate maintenance charge of approximately £260 per month to be paid
- Located in a 'Very Low Risk' flood area for Rivers and the sea
Click the link below for more details
If you would like more details on this property, please click the brochure link below.
You can see the title deed, plot size, square footage, aerial view, broadband speeds, and lots of other information relating to this property including school information and transport links. At JDG we like to make sure our clients are always better informed!